Be A LeaderPublished by samantha.jasperson on Wed, 08/30/2017 - 21:56
Park View Elementary is rolling out a new theme this year. BE A LEADER! We believe that every student attending Park View is a leader. We are dedicating our efforts to help each student exhibit leadership traits using the seven habits.
Let’s quickly explore the seven habits!
- Habit 1: Be Proactive. You're in Charge: Success doesn’t just come and find you, you have to go out and get it.
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind. Have a Plan: Know what you want before you do it.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First. Work First, Then Play: Do it now. Sometimes ‘later’ becomes ‘never’.
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win. Everyone Can Win: People who win are those that turn their cant’s into cans, and their dreams into plans.
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood. Listen Before You Talk: Before you act, LISTEN. Before you react, THINK. Before you spend, EARN. Before you criticize, WAIT. Before you quit, TRY.
- Habit 6: Synergize. Together Is Better: Alone we are smart. Together we are brilliant.
- Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw. Balance Feels Best: Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
We encourage you as parents, guardians, and relatives to use the language of the seven habits at home and in your day to day activities. It’s easy! Instead of saying, “Jonny, thank you for putting your dishes in the sink.” Change your language to, “Jonny, thank you for being proactive and putting your dishes in the sink!”
We are confident that these habits will empower our students to be positive, responsible, and more effective in their everyday life! If you have any questions, feel free to ask your child’s teacher.
Remember, BE A LEADER!