Parents, here is a fun way to learn the seven habits. Ask your child to show you the actions or learn them on your own and surprise them with your skills!
Park View Elementary is rolling out a new theme this year. BE A LEADER! We believe that every student attending Park View is a leader. We are dedicating our efforts to help each student exhibit leadership traits using the seven habits.
Let’s quickly explore the seven habits!
- Habit 1: Be Proactive. You're in Charge: Success doesn’t just come and find you, you have to go out and get it.
- Habit 2: Begin with the End in Mind. Have a Plan: Know what you want before you do it.
- Habit 3: Put First Things First. Work First, Then Play: Do it now. Sometimes ‘later’ becomes ‘never’.
- Habit 4: Think Win-Win. Everyone Can Win: People who win are those that turn their cant’s into cans, and their dreams into plans.
- Habit 5: Seek First to Understand, Then to Be Understood. Listen Before You Talk: Before you act, LISTEN. Before you react, THINK. Before you spend, EARN. Before you criticize, WAIT. Before you quit, TRY.
- Habit 6: Synergize. Together Is Better: Alone we are smart. Together we are brilliant.
- Habit 7: Sharpen The Saw. Balance Feels Best: Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.
We encourage you as parents, guardians, and relatives to use the language of the seven habits at home and in your day to day activities. It’s easy! Instead of saying, “Jonny, thank you for putting your dishes in the sink.” Change your language to, “Jonny, thank you for being proactive and putting your dishes in the sink!”
We are confident that these habits will empower our students to be positive, responsible, and more effective in their everyday life! If you have any questions, feel free to ask your child’s teacher.
Remember, BE A LEADER!
Our School Community Council has three parent openings available for the upcoming school year. If you are interested in becoming a member of the council, please fill out THIS FORM - you can also pickup a form at the school on registration day. This form needs to be completed and returned to the school's office by August 18th. Elections will run from August 21st to August 25th. Parents can cast their votes at that time in the office. Read more about what the School Community Council does here. We appreciate those who have served on the council throughout the past years. Parent input makes a significant difference in the success of our students.
This year all schools in the district are moving to online registration. This means no more standing in lines for you! You can register your children to attend Park View Elementary for the 2017-18 school year by clicking HERE. You will find specific directions to follow – it’s pretty easy. For most of you, this will eliminate coming to walk-in registration on August 1st. Please note that all students, including kindergarteners who came last March, need to go through this registration process.
Thank you and enjoy the rest of your summer!
In May, the Park View Student Council held a charitable donation fundraiser to earn money for the Huntsman Cancer Foundation for cancer research. The hope was to earn $350 in order to receive a paving stone to be added to the Huntsman’s Walk of Hope in honor of Mrs. Walker, the school’s beloved computer technician who passed away this past March from cancer. Students, members of the school community and the Walker family gave generously in support of the fundraiser. After just five days of selling suckers, the council had raked in over $900 to donate to the foundation – nearly tripling their goal.
On June 2nd the student council’s presidency made a trip to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, where they presented a check to Susan Sheehan, the executive director of the foundation for $936. Ms. Sheehan spent time explaining the importance of what the foundation does with the money donated, and how the school’s donation will be put to good work in helping to find a cure for cancer.