You are here
We are positive that we have the best librarian in town! Mrs. Bjarnson is really missing all the kids at Park View, so, she made lesson just for them. She is introducing a new series by the wonderful author and illustrator Mo Willems. Check out the video below and don't miss out on the fun activity that goes along with it!
"Who are these masked women?" you might asked. None other than our wonderful lunch ladies that work tiredlessly to provide hundreds of Grab-and-Go Breakfast/Lunch sacks daily for the many hungry children in our community. Hats off to them for their sacrifice and dedication to feed our children during this challenging time. One Park View Parent emailed this kind comment, "I just wanted to tell you how much we appreciate your staff and all they have done for free lunches! We love getting out of the house for a minute, and it the highlight of our mornings being able to go grab them. Your staff is always so happy and excited to see everyone. You guys all rock for all you've done!" Lunch Ladies are truly our Nebo Super Heroes!
Mrs. Crump, our lovely computer teacher, wants to host Park View’s first virtual talent show! Anyone and everyone can sign up. Some suggestions or ideas include: Singing, Dancing, Writing a poem/story, Playing an instrument, Art (take a picture of it and upload it), Digital art, Photography, and even Sports.
All you have to do is, first, watch the video on Mrs. Crump’s front page (red curtain video), then follow the instructions from there. It’s easy and also really fun. The talent show will be running for the remainder of April so, show us what AMAZING talent Park View students have!
Click HERE for the website with all the details
All the kids at Park View love the specialty class Drama, but they especially love the teacher Mrs. Hancock. Well kids, have no fear, Mrs. Hancock hasn’t forgotten about you during this At Home Learning time. She has created a really great activity for you to do at home! Watch the video and see what you can come up with. If you end up putting on a puppet show of your own, please send videos and pictures to your teacher!
We would love to get the kids out and about in the warm weather this weekend and during Spring Break. We are agoing to have a massive Park View Egg Hunt but we need your help!
Click on the attachment provided here and print out an egg of your choice. Color it and place it in your window! We would love to have all the eggs out by Sunday, April 5 and kept in the window of your home until Sunday, April 12. When you need some fresh air take a walk around our school boundaries and see how many eggs you can find! Don't forget to take pictures and send them to your teacher.
Are you struggling to find books for your child to read during At Home Learning? If so you definitely need to check out Nebo's Online Library App for students!
The Sora app is easy to access from a computer, chromebook, or other electronic device. Here's how to do it:
- Simply go to Sora and sign in. Here's the link https://soraapp.com/welcome
- If it is your first time visiting Sora, sometimes you have to search for your school. If you get asked to do this, look for Park View Elementary School. Then click this is my school!
- You will then be given the option to select whether you are a student or a staff member. Be sure that you select student not staff member.
- At this point, you will need to enter your nebo email address and the same password you get on your email and the chromebooks.
- Once you are on the Sora homescreen, you are free to look for books and check them out! If you are not TOTALLY sure you want a book, please click "read sample" before checking it out.
- If you check out a book you have NO interest in, and immediately return it, it still counts as one checkout.
- Certain books (as decided by the publisher) are called metered use books. After 24 checkouts, those books have to be purchased again digitally. So please consider the sample option, if you aren't sure you are looking at a book that you will enjoy.
Most of all, take some time each day to relax and read a book.
If you have any questions about the process, please contact Mrs. Bjarnson, our librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will respond as soon as she can.